Commercial Roofing in Houston, Texas
Houston has many roofing companies, making it challenging to discern who to call when your roof needs worked. Fortunately, Massy Roofing can solve whatever roofing work you need done. Keep reading for an idea of why.
Knowing When Your Commercial Roof Needs Replacement
Many factors go into commercial roof replacement. Be proactive about minor problems, time only worsens them. Here are several tips for discerning whether your commercial roofing in Texas needs repairs or replacement.
- Know its age. Commercial roofs are good for only so long. Knowing a roof’s age and having installation and maintenance records will greatly inform your decision. Check old roofs before the rainy season comes to confirm if they can survive winter.
- Check leaks. Leaks signal a compromised roof membrane. Ignoring leaks leads to water damage.
- Look for damage. Damage manifests as ruined shingles, splits and cracks. Remember to check gutters and downspouts.
- Watch energy bills. Damaged roofs foster mold. A moldy rotten roof probably needs replacing.
We Cover All Commercial Roofing in Houston
We have cultivated a reputation for handling all kinds of roof systems in time. We have no problem serving as commercial roofing contractors for Houston’s:
- Office buildings
- Shopping centers
How We Handle Commercial Roofing in Texas
Commercial Roof Repair in Houston
We know managing a business is stressful and roofing problems only add more stress. We also know the risk of hiring someone who causes other problems during a job. Hiring us means hiring a Houston commercial roofer with multiple certifications, including the Roofing Contractor Association of Texas (RCAT). Having a RCAT license means we:
- Understand financial responsibility/stability
- Are insured
- Insure our workers
- Understand businesses and the safety requirements involved
- Sufficiently passed a roofing exam
Basically, a RCAT license for Commercial Roofing verifies competence and trust.
We know that general contractors with new projects have little time for amateurs. We take everything into account when making new roofs.
- Knowledge of low/steep slope roofing and their coatings
- Current building codes
- Knowing which insulation is best for every situation
- Current Reflectivity Ratings
- Employing a competent Senior Project Manager
Hiring us ensures never wasting time
A “No Dollar Limit” (NDL) guarantee is a common term, here is a summary. A manufacturer guarantees to handle all costs involved with a faulty roof during a certain window of time, even collateral damage from the bad roof. That said, you need a five star commercial roofing company certified by that manufacturer. Fortunately, we usually meet this goal.
We assess the entire roof, then produce a report breaking down the roof’s condition, planning, forecasting and recommendations like:
- How to bring the roof up to code
- Cleaning drains
- Repair damaged flashing, holes and leaks
- Replace damaged metal coping
Once done, we offer cost-effective maintenance plans and a quality guarantee. All preventative maintenance is done routinely according to your schedule and involves photographing the roof so you can always check progress; something handy for insurance claims.
On Roofing Options
Shingles Commercial Roofing
We focus on asphalt shingles for being reliably protective, flexible to install and available in many colors and styles. Asphalt is inexpensive, lasts at 20+ years and is very resilient to hail.
Organic shingles feature waterproofed felt mixed with asphalt and ceramic, resulting in something heavier and more stable than fiberglass. Fiberglass is a reinforced, shingle-shaped, asphalt-covered mat. Laminate shingles are layered in a staggered manner.
What About a Commercial Metal Roof?
Commercial metal roofing is one of the best roof options because it is durable, high-quality, looks good, offers many options and has easy upkeep. As a Houston commercial roofer, we are well-acquainted with metal. Clients trust us to install with a quality that your commercial structure will benefit from for decades. Metal roofing benefits include:
- Lasts 50+ years
- Resists fire and winds exceeding 150 mph
- Energy efficient
- Perfect for commercial/industrial structures
Commercial tile offers the following:
- Enduring beauty
- Durable and hardy
- Easiest repaired among roofing materials
- Cheap: Clay/concrete tile roofing is incredibly cost-efficient
- Few maintenance needs
Flat Roof Solutions (PVC/EPDM/TPO/SPF)
We cover low/flat roof slopes and know that each has different requirements and issues like leaks and pooling water. We focus on providing the optimal roof and know that improperly low/flat slope roofs hold water, leading to failure and algae. Multiple materials exist for these roofs.
- Build-up roofing (BUR) involves layering tar paper and asphalt-based tar, topped with gravel/something reflective for heat management and durability. Maintenance requires extra layering that only adds weight and a costlier mess to clean-up. BUR is economical but technologically archaic.
- Modified bitumen comes in 3-foot-wide rolls laid out with overlapping seams, fused together at those seams and finished with reflective material.
- Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer (EPDM) resembles a rubber inner tube that comes in large rolls, works well for large, flat roofs and features a clean, uniform substrate. It is glued to the substrate and adjacent EPDM sections then fastened with mechanical fixtures. EPDM roofs last 20 years with little maintenance yet devour heat, necessitating a top coat.
- PVC offers premium, heat-resistant performance at similar pricing and works best with large roofs. Sheets are heat-welded at the seams, resulting in a durable, moisture-resistant surface.
- Thermoplastic Olephine (TPO)is a light, cheap, single-ply option that comes in rolls and applied with adhesive, mechanisms or heat. While cheaper than EPDM and PVC, its success rate remains experimental.
- Spray Polyurethane Foam (SPF) involves a spray on roof combined with flashing and insulation. It blocks leaks and gaps, making it an ideal alternative to ripping out old roofing. SPF is finished with a UV-resistant sealant.
Commercial Roof Restoration
- We know about using a silicone coating spray for mule hide roofing. It restores, optimizes and even extends your roof’s lifetime without replacing the flat roof but must be bone-dry to apply. It is:
- Lasts up to 20 years
- Cuts energy costs
- Outperforms other materials in water absorption
- Tax-deductible as “deferred maintenance”
Commercial Roof Restoration
We offer qualified and certified work.
- We are certified by most leading manufacturers
- We can offer 10-30 year NDL warranties
- Our multiple crews can cover any job
- We are fully OSHA compliant
An ill-prepared contractor costs more than you would think. Maybe their insurance is iffy or quotes are less informed than you know. Massy Roofing is far from ill-prepared or green.
We offer excellent warranties in the Houston, Texas area.
Our reputation has earned great recognition within the industry.
Our warranties are top-tier with good remarks from the BBB, RCAT and other groups.
Commercial Roof Restoration
Our success is evident in every job. We have worked to satisfy our hundreds of clients since the start, without failures. We do comprehensive roof inspections, recording the findings in both text and photos. Call us if you would like to schedule an inspection or get an estimate for work.
Call us 24/7 to request your FREE roof inspection!
(832) 224 48 98
Massy Roofing © 2020. | All Rights Reserved.